City of Long Beach offices and services will adhere to the following schedule on Monday, Sept. 1 for the Labor Day holiday. City Hall will re-open Tuesday, Sept. 2.
The following departments and services will be non-operational on Labor Day:
• Animal Care Services and spcaLA
• Career Transition Center
• Center for Working Families
• City Hall
• Citizen Police Complaint Commission
• Code Enforcement services
• Fire Headquarters, Support Services (ECOC), Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
• Gas services– For emergencies, call (562) 570-2140.
• Health Department and Health facilities
• Marina offices
• Neighborhood Resource Center
• Park offices, swimming pools, El Dorado Nature Center, & community park facilities
• Police administration
• Street sweeping
• Water Department (Emergencies: 570-2390)
The following departments and services will be operational on Labor Day:
• Fire stations and lifeguard stations
• Main police station front desk
• Refuse and recycling collection
All Long Beach public libraries will be closed Saturday, Aug. 30 for the observance of Labor Day. All libraries will reopen Tuesday, Sept. 2. (The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available 24/7 at lbpl.org .)
Trash and recycling will be collected as scheduled on Monday, Sept. 1.
There will be no scheduled street sweeping Monday, Sept. 1. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 2.
Parking meters that state “Except on Holidays” will not be enforced on Monday, Sept. 1. The days and hours of enforcement are posted inside the meters.
Source: City of LB