header image 2

City of SH announces vacancies on commissions

May 1st, 2009 · No Comments · Community, Employment

The City of Signal Hill is seeking applications from residents who are interested in serving on the Signal Hill Civil Service, Planning, or Parks and Recreation Commissions. There are three seats available on each commission, and commissioners will serve a four-year term that expires in 2013. A fourth seat on the Planning Commission is also available with a term expiring in 2011 due to a mid-term resignation.
To serve as a Civil Service, Planning, or Parks & Recreation Commissioner, you must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older, and a registered voter and resident of the city at least 29 days prior to the date of appointment. Each member shall continue to reside in the city for the duration of the term of office (Signal Hill City Charter Section 602).
Those interested in serving as a commissioner should call (562) 989-7305, or visit the city’s website at www.cityofsignalhill.org for an application or for more information. Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 8 at 4:30pm.


No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment