CRST trucking company has openings for an additional 100 Class A drivers. CRST has revised its hiring guidelines to enable more drivers to qualify. Interested individuals should register with the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network in order to attend a hiring event on Tuesday, March 9 at 10am at the Harbor WorkSource Center, 1851 N. Gaffey St., Ste. F, San Pedro. Job offers will be made at the recruitment.
Registration with the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network is required prior to attending the hiring event. Males born on or after January 1, 1960, must be registered with the Selective Service (www.sss.gov). Individuals may pre-register at the Career Transition Center, 3447 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, or the Center for Working Families, 1900 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach. Registration will also be available at the recruitment. To register the day of the recruitment, arrive one hour earlier.
A partial list of required job qualifications include:
• Must be 21 years old and pass a DMV/D.O.T. physical and pre-employment drug screen
• Must have been licensed in the United States for at least two out of the last three years
• Must have no misdemeanor convictions for possession of a controlled substance in the last 10 years
• Must have no DUI, DWI, or open container violations in the last five years
• Must have no misdemeanor convictions involving crimes of moral turpitude in the last three years
• Must have no felony convictions in the last 10 years
Bring the following information to register:
State identification/driver’s license and social security card
• Or school identification card (with birth date) and social security card
• Or school identification card (without birth date), social security card, and birth certificate
• Or U.S. passport and any proof of social security number (social security card, school printout)
If applicable, bring unexpired permanent resident card (green card)