Local fire departments respond to SH fire

Responding to a 1pm call Tuesday afternoon, LA County Fire Department (LACFD), assisted by Long Beach firefighters, extinguished a house fire at 2609 E. Pacific Coast Highway. According to LACFD, all rooms, including the garage where a vehicle was parked, of the two-story, single-family dwelling, which had been undergoing re-roofing, were burned.
The cause of the fire was the shorting out of an extension cord that had been running through a wall to a clothes dryer. There were no injuries to the occupants or to firefighters. The estimated structural loss is $200,000, and the estimated content loss is $50,000.

News, Safety

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>