SH accepting applications for Civil Service Commission

The City of Signal Hill is seeking applications from residents who are interested in serving on the Signal Hill Civil Service Commission. This vacancy is to fill the unexpired term due to a mid-term resignation on the Commission. The term ends May 31, 2013.
To serve as a Civil Service commissioner, one must be a US citizen, 18 years of age or older, a registered voter and resident of Signal Hill at least 29 days prior to the date of appointment. Commission members must continue to reside in the city for the duration of the term of office.
Those interested in serving as a Civil Service commissioner may call (562) 989-7305, or visit for an application or for further information. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to verbally present their qualifications to the Signal Hill City Council at the regular meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 2 at 7pm in the Council Chamber of City Hall, 2175 Cherry Ave. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, Oct. 27 at 5:30pm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *